Our Inspection is conducted in accordance with AS4349.1-2007 and includes…
- Ceilings and walls for cracks, distortion, dampness, stains
- Floors for squeakiness, springiness, unevenness, movement, composition
- Doors and windows for type, damage, operation
- Bathrooms, kitchens and laundries for moisture levels, mould, damage, ventilation, tiles, exhaust fans, tapware
- Roof cavity ventilation, insulation, roof frame, sarking, leaks, old hot water units
- Subfloor dampness, ventilation, stumps (above the surface of the ground), bearers, joists, plumbing leaks, accumulation of debris
- External cladding material - cracking, damage, wood rot, corrosion, articulation joints
- Guttering, storm water runoff, drainage, fencing, out buildings
- Hot water service - type, condition, age
- Condition of water tanks, pumps etc.
- Roof material, condition, damage/ corrosion, chimneys/flues, flashing
Pest inspection (optional)
We now offer a Timber Pest Inspection service.
We work with a specialist in termite detection who uses a thermal imaging camera and radar movement tracking technology. Expensive but essential pieces of equipment to detect termite activity.
Our standard inspection also covers such items as:
Major and Minor structural defects
Recommendations for upgrading of electrical and plumbing if necessary
Operation of exhaust fans (if power is connected)
Additional services available upon request:
- Special purpose inspections and reports.
- Mould Inspections: a root cause analysis.
- Property measurement.
- Boundary checks.
- Tax depreciation schedules. We work with a large firm of quantity surveyors to provide tax depreciation reports for clients with rental properties. If you own or are purchasing a rental property it is essential that you obtain a tax depreciation report as there are very significant tax benefits available regardless of the age of the property.
Pre-Handover / New Build inspections
Pool safety inspections
Thermal efficiency reports
Request an inspection by email or phone
We will promptly liaise with sales agents, owners, tenants and book in a suitable time for your inspection
Once the inspection has been completed we will follow up with a phone call to discuss relevant details
We will provide you a finalised report within 24 hours of the inspection
Once you have received the finalised report we will be available to discuss any questions you might have